Graduate Course Substitution Form

A maximum of two courses can be considered for substitution. NOTE: Another course may not be substituted for a course that a student has failed that is required in his/her program.


The student should discuss substitutions with the advisor and submit in writing the reason(s) why the substitution is necessary. The advisor will then complete the Graduate Substitution Form and forward it, along with the written request, to the program director. If the program director concurs with the advisor’s recommendation, he/she will sign the Substitution Form and forward copies to the Office of the Registrar, the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, the student and the student’s advisor.

Graduate Substitution Form

Get in touch!
Longwood University College of Graduate & Professional Studies


201 High Street

Rotunda 142
Farmville, VA 23909


Office: (434) 395-2140
Fax: (434) 395-2750